Monday, July 25, 2011

Saturday night highlights

My husband had not been feeling well that day but because he has such a servant's heart, he drove us to the Club and then remained in the car to pray.  He does this everytime but I have failed to mention it.  He is my human hero.  We picked up Pam first.  She had cooked for her family most of that day and loved every minute of  it - she is a marvelous cook. Pam is a nurturer.  Next we picked up Carmen.  She was floating on cloud nine because she had spent that morning ministering at a retirement home.  Carmen does worshipful dance - I have heard it's like glimpsing Heaven itself.  Carmen is an encourager. 

                                          Pam, Carmen and me about to enter the Club

Before arriving, we read Ps. 66 and prayed our hearts out.  I prayed specifically that each of  us would be able to connect with a dancer.  The Lord was faithful to do this! As we were walking in the Bouncer held the door for us.  He gave us a big smile and said he was happy to see us.  One of the dancers came running up to me and said, You're back! Do you remember me?"  She hugged me and kissed my cheek three times.  Likewise, Carmen and Pam were each able to connect with a dancer.
God is so mighty!

The dancer I talked with had just attended her cousin's baby's funeral.  The baby boy was only two-months old. She wept as she held on to me and said, "Angie, I know you will pray."  Then she was called to perform on stage.  I watched her as she pulled herself together...she sighed deeply, threw her head back, and seemed to go to a numb place in her mind before she walked up on the stage.  She was bone thin and looked very weak.  Please pray she will telephone us.

Pam spoke to a dancer who was brand new to the Club.  She has three children, and her husband is incarcerated. She said her husband had left her in dire straits. She does not have a permanent home and is moving from friend to friend.  She is stressed because the children will begin school soon and she is not settled.  This young woman of course was very fearful of the future.  We are praying she will call us so we can help.

Carmen spoke with a dancer who asked for prayer for her six-month old brother who is having heart surgery this week.  Carmen said the young lady had been raised in church and knew that this was not God's will for her life.  She like many of the dancers are paying there way through college.  We told her about the Christians' Womens' Job Corps. and the scholarships they offer. Carmen told her we would love to help her.  I think we saw a hint of hope in her eyes.  


                                        
                                                         Entrance of the Club

Please continue to pray salvation and protection for the dancers.  We covet your prayers!

1 comment: